Missing teeth are hard to live with. They not only cause oral health issues but also impact your overall health. Dental implants help in providing a permanent solution for missing teeth. They are titanium screws that are surgically placed in the jaw to act as tooth roots. Once successfully placed, they fuse with the natural bone and become its integral part. A dental restoration like a crown or bridge is then attached to them to restore the visible portion of the missing tooth.
The placement of dental implants requires minor surgery and is performed under the effects of general anesthesia to avoid discomfort.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are hands down the best option for replacing missing teeth. The benefits of dental implants are:
- Dental implants replace not only the visible portion of missing teeth but also their roots. Tooth roots are essential for stimulating the underlying jawbone and preventing them from receding or dissolving.
- The shape, size, and color of dental implants can be modified to match the neighboring teeth. They don't stand out and blend in really well with the natural teeth.
- Since they are surgically planted in the jawbone, dental implants provide for strong anchoring. You don't have to worry about the dental restoration slipping or moving out of place.
- Being strongly anchored in place, they allow you to bite and chew with the same force as natural teeth.
- Dental implants fill in the gaps left by missing teeth and make your smile look symmetric and uniform. They restore the aesthetic appeal of your smile.
- Tooth loss causes the face to droop and adds years to your face. Dental implants restore the appearance of the facial contour and make you look youthful.
- Missing teeth alter your speech and ability to pronounce words clearly. Dental implants replace missing teeth and allow you to speak confidently without any lisp.
- They provide a permanent solution for missing teeth and are extremely durable.
If you are looking for a solution for your missing teeth, visit 7707 West Lane Suite B, Stockton, CA 95210, or book an appointment with us at (209) 952-9290.