Did you know, thousands of people have gum disease in their smiles and are unaware of it? Yes, it’s true! Gum disease is a serious threat to your oral health.
To help you recognize the signs and symptoms of this condition, our dentist, Dr. Novan Nguyen at Smile 32 in Stockton, California, is happy to share some information with you.
Here are things to look for when it comes to gum disease:
– Do your gums frequently bleed when your eating or brush and floss? If so, you may be suffering from gum disease.
– Do your teeth feel extra sensitive or are they moving out of position? If so, gum disease may be at fault.
– A decrease in the amount of gum tissue covering your teeth is a known symptom of gum disease.
– If the visual appearance of your gums is changing or has been altered, an infection could be present.
– If you routinely suffer from bad breath, gum disease may be at fault.
– Extreme pain when trying to eat could be the result of a gum tissue infection.
As you can see, it is crucial to avoid gum disease. With timely care and professional treatment, you can protect your teeth and gums and restore your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like us to check for gum disease in your smile, please call us today at 209-952-9290 to make an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to seeing you.